April 20, 2010

New toys

My husband and I got a wonderfully large tax return this year (thank you first time homebuyer's tax credit) and after quite responsibly putting 2K on our student loans and into our emergency fund, we split the remaining $800 and went shopping. Among my more relevant purchases is the Ipod Touch. And ooooh what an engrossing little device that is.

I bought an armband to carry it in while running, and the Nike+ sensor is on it's way. I'm looking forward to testing it out - it looks really quite informational. I went for my first run using the armband today, and other than some confusion regarding what to do with my headphone cords (i eventually ended up feeding them through my sleeve and up the back of my t-shirt), everything worked out fairly well. Seems I am slowly getting back into shape after the winter months of inactivity. I no longer feel nauseous halfway through my excursions.

Now for those people out there with Ipods looking to start running, there is a C25K app that you can download (unfortunately it is not a free app, and does cost $4) that allows you to listen to your own music and chimes at the appropriate intervals. I think that if I were still doing that program I would likely download it, as the one complaint I had with the c25k podcasts I listened to is that I didn't really like the 20mins of repetitive techno, useful though the podcasts were.

I've also discovered that there is a free SparkPeople app, convenient since I've already set up a profile through that particular site. But I've also discovered Lose-it, which is an easier app to use and which remembers the food that you have previously entered so that you don't have to search every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment