December 12, 2009

I`m Back.....

I can`t believe I haven`t posted since August, I didn`t realize it had been that long. In anycase, I made it to about week 10 of the P90X Classic before giving up (so close yet so far) - life got in the way. A coworker quit rather suddenly so I was working 6-7days a week, school started up so I was busy with that. Then when we finally had someone new trained...she quit. It`s been a long fall.

But now it`s over. I finished the final course in my program and my hours at work have steadied out simultaneously. I find it interesting that I literally started working out again the day after I passed in my schoolwork and the week that my new coworker started working on her own. I thought that I was experiencing a motivation problem and that`s why I couldn`t be bothered to turn on a video, but it would seem that it was more of a burnout problem.

In anycase, I`ve restarted with the P90X Lean. Well... more or less. I`ve decided to substitute the videos I like for the ones I don`t. So this will be my Phase 1 schedule:

Day
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
My Plan
Core Synergistics
Plyometrics
Chest & Back, AbRX
Rest
Legs& Back, AbRX
Kenpo
Rest
P90X Lean
Core Synergistics
Cardio
Shoulders & arms, AbRX
Yoga
Legs & Back, AbRX
Kenpo
Stretch or Rest
So there you have it. It's pretty well the same with some minor substitutions. I had the intention of replacing Kenpo with Plyo, as I hated Kenpo the first time through and skipped it pretty well every single week. But, I decided to do it today and actually sort of enjoyed it. Mostly because the 1hr workout seems to be the only one that really flies by. More on that later. So I decided instead to replace Cardio with Plyo as I love plyo and needed to sneak it in there somewhere.

And while I generally enjoy the Shoulders & Arms video, I would really like to continue to improve my push-up count for the motivation aspect of things, and I feel that the Chest & Back video will accomplish this better.

Another thing I've learned from my first round of the P90X is that I burn out if I work out 6 days straight, and I'm likely to just skip yoga anyway. So I've decided to build a 2nd guilt-free rest day into my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment