August 06, 2009

P90X Day 5 - Legs & Arms + ARX

Another killer. Seems to be a theme. It took me awhile to get around to actually doing the workout, but once I was down in the basement I got into it pretty quickly.

I didn't get as much out of the arm exercises as I think I could have. Most of the exercises were some version of pull-ups - but I don't have a pull-up bar. Instead I have 1 resistance band that I look around the top of my weight machine which is surrounded by boxes so I kind of have to squish my way in to 1 little spot where I can kneel. And that spot is not far enough away from the machine to really get any resistance.

Obviously I need to remedy this situation by unpacking the boxes and getting them out of the way.

The leg exercises were quite effective. I could barely trudge back up the stairs out of the basement when I was done. Quite enjoyable.

Today's attempt at doing the Ab Ripper was great. I'm rather amazed actually considering my pitiful attempts on Mon and Wed. For one thing, I was actually able to sit-up during the crossed leg/wide leg sit-ups instead of groaning and grunting and accomlishing nothing. Of course I had to do the wide-leg version, not quite ready for crossed legs yet. I managed about 10 of those with good form, and then sort of flailed about finishing the rest.

I also held the V shape for 30 of the 50 Mason Twists at the end. I had to take a couple breaks to finish off but seeing as I was previously only able to do 5 at a time (and even then having my feet on the floor for the duration of the move) I am quite pleased.

Those were the 2 main exercises I struggled with previously, the others being difficult but not quite so impossible. Although, now that I think about it, I crashed and burned trying to do Crunchy Frog today. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

So, Kenpo tomorrow and then a rest day! sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment