July 03, 2009

Long overdue I think

I have been quite busy lately - what with moving into our house, going out for Canada day, doing a surprising amount of hiking and spending most of my free time unpacking.

Consequently, I have taken a bit of a break from the Internet.

On Tuesday I hiked 16km with some friends. It was quite the time, and we were moving at breakneck speed - we finished in under 3 hours - just over a 5km/h march. Very exciting. It was quite apparent to me that I am far fitter this summer than I was last year, and that if it weren`t for all my hard work lately, my friends would have likely had to carry me home. Especially since I went to Cape Split under the belief that it was an 8k round trip, not 8k one way. My friend who brought us there exagerated the `shortness` of the hike. It was also 16K of mud, fallen trees, rocks, monster puddles and cliffs. It kept a person on their toes - lose concentration and BAM! - you are on your ass in the mud.

(this is not my photo, it is a random from Google searching)

Today I also got up early and went for my first run in awhile - my right knee has been bothering me since the move (I can feel the cartilage grinding)but after Tuesday`s hike, I seem to have worked out the kinks.I didn`t bother with the C25K podcast and just listened to my own music - managed a rather «easy» 20 consecutive min run. I think I`m getting the hang of this jogging thing. Very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment