July 11, 2009

Back to the Internet

I may not have been blogging recently but I assure you I have been working out.

I'm really liking the tracks behind our house - they're much flatter and better groomed than the section by our old appartment. I've sort of left the C25K behind and have just been aiming for 20-25min runs plus warm up and cool down walks. It's been fairly successful and I must say, I much prefer listening to my own mixes than interval podcasts. For some reason it is far more motivating to run along to a song you can sing to than random techno.

I've started playing around with the 30 Day Shred again - since I apparently can't be trusted to actually lift weights or do crunches without visual direction. As you may remember, the first time through the 30DS it killed my knees - in fact, my knees have really not been the same since (I really should see a dr...). So for that reason, I'm only going to do Level 1 gently interspersed with my regular 3-days/week running. Once I finish Level one, I'm going to attempt the much feared P90X. My husband will likely be doing it with me. I wonder how my knees will tolerate that?

Oh, and I took "after" shots today. Forgot to upload them earlier (I'm at work so it's too late now) but I'll try to remember tomorrow. Can I say I'm super pleased with my new body? I think I looked fine before, but now that I've trimmed off that unsightly back fat, toned my calves and thighs, and lost some face chub, I am feeling quite ready to conquer the world. It doesn't hurt that I had my hair professionally cut for the first time since I was 14, and I'm loving the new style. My husband has been feeding me all kinds of cheesy lines lately as well - he says he can't help it, I'm beautiful. D'awwwwwww. I like how he has been pointing out to me the very changes that I am noticing (without prompting or hints). This is a sign that I'm not just seeing muscle definition where it doesn't exist!

It's funny though, I've been working out regularly since April (or was it May?) and there hasn't been any change in my weight or inches. In fact, I've apparently gained an inch in my waist! So I look better than ever but weigh the same and am theoretically larger? Hmmmmmmmm, go figure. The only place I've actually lost inches is my boobs, goshdarnit!

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, tomorrow is our 1 year anniversary. I can't believe how quickly time has passed - what a great year too. I've enjoyed it thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment