January 06, 2010

Stress breeds inactivity

Or so it would seem.

When I get home from work, all I want to do is lay on the couch, play spider solitaire and lurk on my fav internet message board.

I don't want to think about the fact that I'll be phased out of my current job in 2 weeks when the new girl starts working alone. I don't want to think about the fact that of the 20jobs I've applied for only a call center has called me for an interview (is there a spelling mistake on my resume or something?!?!?!). I don't want to think about the fact that even though I feel I gave my employer 2 months notice, I was ambushed yesterday and told that as far as their records are concerned I didn't give them a specific end date, so I still owe them a full 2 weeks notice. I don't want to think about the fact that IF I'm offered a job at the call center, they're starting training this coming Monday. I don't want to think about the fact that I'll likely end up going from a 5min jaunt to work to a 45min commute. I don't want to think about the possibility that I may, somehow, get turned down for the call center job, even though it's a call center and they hire everyone! I don't want to think about how badly I'm going to want to shoot myself in the face everyday dealing with customer complaints.

So I go home from work, I lay on the couch and I play Spider solitaire and browse the Internet until I go to bed. I can't sleep, can't think about making supper, can't motivate myself to work out and am living in near panic attack mode.

Let me get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment