September 19, 2011

Fall fitness

I have been active this summer if not posting. I was quite busy with work but there was lots of camping and hiking and swimming on the weekends.

Now that summer is over, I'm working on getting back into a routine. Last week I went for my first run since May (yikes!) and was pleased to find I could still run 3km straight, albeit at a very slow 8:10/km. The 2nd run that week showed my pace dropping to a better 7:50/km. And hopefully today's run will either be faster or further. I haven't decided what route to take yet. I'll know when I hit the road I guess.

For once, I'm actually working on eating healthier as well. Not so much because I feel the need to lose weight, and not even really for myself. But because my husband and I are trying to get me knocked up. Every time I pick up a piece of food now it seems like all I can think about is the ingredient list and wonder if it would be good for the theoretical baby. I've been having smoothies for breakfast a lot lately, and today I've tried my first Green Monster. And I am definitely now a spinach-in-your-smoothie convert. You truly can't taste it.

It's funny thinking back to my first few posts which were about the 30 Day Shred and how grueling and painful that program was. I really am in way better shape than I was 2 years ago when I started this fitness journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment